Sunday, December 22, 2013

Polymer Clay Christmas Earrings - Polymer Clay Cane Technique

My wife liked a pair of earrings she saw on someone and I told her that I could make those.  They looked like a chewy candy we used to have as kids.  They were rather easy to make out of Scupley polymer clay.  You can also use Fimo, if you prefer.  


I made a video showing how I did it.  The video shows the basic techniques to make a polymer clay "cane," and these techniques can be used to make other designs.   The cane technique allows you to start with a larger image and roll the clay down to make it smaller.  My wife had been wearing these for a few days now and people look at them in awe and wonder how they were made.  They ask, "Did you paint that on there?"  Take a look at my video; it shows everything you need and how to make these earrings.


There is so much you can make with Scupley or Fimo.  Make these earrings or get creative and make your own design.  It's a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas!

I'll see you next year.

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment